This week was Taft PTA Pick A Reading Partner (PARP) Week. All week long, students and staff were encouraged to read a variety of books as well as dress in some great spirit day outfits. In addition, a book fair was also held this week.
- Hero Monday: Read about how kids are making a difference in the world. (What do you want to be when you grow up? Dress for that profession).
- Mystical Tuesday: Take a mystical journey and read a fiction book. (Dress as your favorite storybook character).
- Wizard Wednesday: Wear your school colors proudly and read a book that has a blue or yellow cover! (Dress in school colors)
- Tumbling Thursday: Read a book/article about your favorite past time: sports, art, music, cooking, etc. (Wear your favorite team jersey)
- Cozy Friday: Cozy up with your favorite stuffed animal/blanket/pillow and read a book by your favorite author. (Wear pajamas/or sweats)
The Taft Blood Drive was Thursday, March 9, 2023. Approximately 54 pints of blood were collected, which saves approximately 162 lives! The Taft Helping Hands Club along with Mrs. Neville and Mrs. Hastings, were in charge of running the event. The students welcomed donors and made them feel comfortable by giving them refreshments. Each donor left with a thank you card made by students as well as a little treat bag thanking them for their donation.
Ms. Kavanagh’s first and second grade Aspire class has been having lunch and play time with Mrs. Donnelly and Ms. Weller’s class. Both classes have been learning about differences that make people special, how to make friends, and what they all have in common. Next, the two classes will begin pairing up for reading buddy time!